I mailed invites and planned a party full of food, drinks and spa treatments....
As friends arrived, we lingered around the food table sharing our week's adventures and tasting new treats.
- Cheese platter: petit frere, aged cheddar, Gorgonzola, wafer crackers, dried cherries, Mediterranean mix of olives, candied walnuts
- red, seedless grapes
- caramelized onion and apple tarts with Gruyere & thyme
- anchoiade with radishes, cucumbers, carrots & celery
- apricot almond shortbread bars
- sprouted grain mini brownies topped with whipped cream & raspberries
- Sangria (recipe from my all time favorite, "Bride & Groom: First & Forever Cookbook")
- white wine
- iced green tea infused with citrus
- water infused with cucumbers & mint
- hot tea
We slowly moved into the living room with our plates and drinks to begin a night of pampering. My sister and I set several spa supplies and lighted votive candles on various tables around the living room.
- cotton balls
- facial pads
- nail filers
- nail polish remover pads (so much better than using a bottle and cotton balls)
- nail polish
- toe spacers (flavored tootsie rolls, more details below)
- tons of Mary Kay products
During the party we pampered our face, arms, legs, hands and feet. We used all Mary Kay products (MK products are listed in parenthesis), but any homemade or store bought products would work for a spa party too!
- facial and eye cleanse (MK TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser, Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover)
- microdermabrasion (MK TimeWise Microdermabrasion)
- facial mask (MK TimeWise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask)
- facial moisturizer (MK TimeWise Age Fighting Moisturizer)
- eye soothing (MK Firming Eye Cream, Indulge Soothing Eye Gel with Calming Influence)
- lip mask & balm (MK Satin Lips)
- body lotion (MK TimeWise Body Targeted-Action Toning Lotion)
- pedicure (soaked feet in tub of warm water with MK 2-in-1 Body Wash & Shave, used MK Satin Hands to soften and scrub, MK Mint Bliss Energizing Lotion for Feet & Legs to moisturize, then finished with nail filers and polish)
- manicure (MK Satin Hands to soften, scrub & moisturize, then finished with nail filers and polish)
To make nail polish selections easier, I created a sheet with polish names, then painted a square with the actual polish color....
We used the tootsie footsies (tootsie rolls) as toe spacers while applying the nail polish (or you could just go ahead and eat them!).
Great night.... I'm relaxed and had a fun time visiting with my sister!
Later in the week, I'll make the spa invite, food labels and more available as a free download.
Update: Spa party printables