Jul 6, 2012

60th Birthday Party (and Free Printable)

It's been a while since I've tapped at my keyboard and posted decorating or party pictures... I've been busy having fun with the family celebrating some exciting events the last few months.  We finished a successful year of homeschooling our oldest daughter thru kindergarten (yay!), then we traveled to the northeast part of the country to visit family, attend a beautiful wedding and celebrated my dad's 60th birthday.

My sister, brother and I wanted to plan a special surprise for my dad since it was such a big year, a 60th birthday is definitely a time to celebrate!  I saw a birthday idea on Pinterest from Nothing But Bonfires to create a memory for each year.... so, we sent a note to family and friends of my dad asking for their help.... in the end, we compiled over 60 memories to honor my dad and present to him as we celebrated his 60th birthday.


Family and friends emailed their favorite memory of my dad to me.... I printed the memories (so they all had the same heading), stuffed the envelopes sealed with circle stickers and then stacked them in small boxes tied with bakers twine....




To present the memories, we planned a special evening at a AAA baseball game.  We rented a suite for our family and our kids, then surprised my dad as he walked in.  The surprise was a few weeks before his real birthday, so I think he was a bit shocked (and excited!).  Now it was time to celebrate (and watch a baseball game)!



In between all the game watching and eating, we surprised him with the memories.....


As my dad read through memories, there were so many great times brought back to life, some heart-touching, some super hilarious.  Lots of dare-devil stunts were mentioned, especially on four-wheelers and dirt bikes, and then of course over and over again we heard of my dad's humble heart and graciousness towards those he encounters....


Then we got a little camera crazy in between reading all the memories (the little ones took most of these photos!)....


Me and my dad...


... my sister and my dad...


... my brother and my dad....


... and I can't forget the mascot and my dad.


We had a great time celebrating, especially my husband!  He really gets into the game :)


And as promised, here's a free printable birthday banner for you.... there's three colors to choose: red, pink or blue.  For my dad's 60th birthday party I strung the red happy birthday banner across the wall with red and white bakers twine....


Here are the free printables:
Happy Birthday Banner - Red
Happy Birthday Banner - Blue
Happy Birthday Banner - Pink

Download the pdf file and print on 8.5x11" white/cream colored cardstock, trim along the dotted lines, then punch two small holes at the top of each card.  Thread twine, yarn, string etc in and out of the holes to create a banner just like the photo "happy" above.  Then hang the happy birthday banner and celebrate!

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!!  We love you...

17 comments:

  1. So glad to see you had great time and that it was such a surprise! glad we got to see you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Everytime we have to leave it makes us wish we lived close :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We're back in TX already.... I looked for you on Sunday, but we must have missed each other. Enjoy your summer!!!

      Delete
  3. Mobile phones are the newest video games or other head
    soccer cheats students is another. Developing a game and also on Android devices.
    In addition to parrying attacks if you want fun graphics,
    ambience and theme are killer in MikaMobile's Zombieville
    USA. Mobile gaming is becoming more and more.


    My homepage :: Head soccer cheat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there would you mind sharing hich blog platform you're using?
    I'm going to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then mosst blogs annd I'm looking for something unique.

    P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!


    Feel free tto visdit my page; garden tools

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! What kind of paper did you use to print everything on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - do you have a printable file for the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  7. To create a such kind of article is really amazing,I daily read your blogs and give my announcement for that here this article is too great and so entertaining. Liga Jerman

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fonts did you use for the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really admire the important ideas that you offer in the content. I am looking forward for more important thoughts and more blogs.
    www.dewajoker.com
    Dewa Joker.com
    Dewajoker.com
    www.dewajoker.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even understand how I finished uup right here, but I assumed this post used to be good. I do not recognise who you're but certainly you are going to a famous blogger should you are not already. Cheers!

    Home World
    Interior

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Meridianamaintenance.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

    Visit Web
    Sett.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  13. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

    Higherlife.institute
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...